How Important Are Regular Check-Ups?
- Cavities can begin to form with no symptoms – your tooth doesn’t have to hurt to have a cavity!
- Plaque can build up and irritate and even cause infection in your gums before they begin to swell or bleed.
- Cracks and chips can happen while clenching during sleep and you never realize it until an infection sets in.
These are just a few of the reasons we really encourage our Alabama patients to keep up with their regular dental examinations. During your comprehensive exam, the Northcutt Dental team will:
- Check your teeth for cavities, cracked or leaking fillings, or other damage
- Examine your gums for any sign of gum disease and measure your gum pockets
- Scan your tongue, gums, and other tissues for the very first signs of oral cancer or other oral pathology
- Look for signs of sleep apnea or TMJ disorder
- Take x-rays when necessary
- Use an intraoral camera to take pictures of your teeth
Clearly, our exams make sure your mouth is in top shape so you can stay healthier and smile longer.